Doctor insights on:
How Long Are You At Risk During A Thyroid Storm
Depends: It really depends on how long it takes a patient to stabilize. Patient age, underlying health issues, and severity of the thyroid storm are all factors. ...Read more
Too much hormone: Uncontrolled release of thyroid hormone may lead to thyroid storm. The thyroid is the major regulating hoprmone in the body. Too much hormone (hyperthyroidism) leads to increased pulse and bp, restlessness, nervousness, and weight loss. Thyroid storm is the extreme of this condition which can lead to cardiovascular collapse and even death. Full blown thyroid storm is relaticvely uncommon now. ...Read more
Propranolol hyperthy: Propranolol is a beta blocker a number of symptoms in thyroid storm are due to dare ethic excess like increased heart rate those can be blocked by beta blockers hyper metabolic status is not corrected so your question is correct answer is it can be masked but neither corrected or blocked we do use Propranolol as one of the drugs to treat ot. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long are you at risk for miscarriage?
- Can you exercise if you are at risk of a retinal detachment?
- Are you at a higher risk of a pneumothorax if you have already had one?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long are you in cast after a subtalar joint fusion?
- How long are you really fertile after a baby?
- How to find motivation when you are a stay at home wife?
- How long after surgery are blood clots a risk?
- How long are you at risk for a dry socket?