Doctor insights on:
How Long After Wisdom Teeth Extraction Does Dry Socket Develop
Bone infection: A dry socket is infection that develops in the bone socket. It is best treated by careful debridement to remove the layer of infected bone and to restart bleeding that important in the development of a full socket blood clot. Perscription antibiotic and anti inflammatory medication is often indicated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dry Socket Symptoms: Normal to feel some pain & discomfort after extraction, however...If on 3-4th day after the procedure the pain increases substantially & character of pain changes (throbbing more, radiating more to ear & temple) & if the pain medicine that you were taking is now grossly inadequate, then fibrinolytic alveolitis - is high on list of possibilities. Dressings exist & help immensely. ...Read more
6 days after wisdom teeth extraction I can see a Black coloured hole where the wisdom teeth was. Is this a Dry Socket?
4dys after wisdom teeth extraction. I see no blood clots n don't have dry socket. Only canker sores and stiff jaw. Could it be ok for me to smoke?
I've heard with top wisdom teeth extraction it is a lot less likely to get dry socket. What can I drink?
Dry sockets?: First you are correct, the likelihood is much less on upper teeth. Drink anything nutritious. ...Read more
It has been a week since my wisdom teeth extraction and the left side of my mouth still hurts. What should I do? Im afraid of a dry socket.
Dry socket: You should go back to see the dentist who did the extractions. It may be a dry socket. They will be able to make the determination. There are treatments to help with the pain while it heals. If it is a dry socket it usually takes from 10-14 days to run its course. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after wisdom tooth extraction does dry socket develop?
- How long does the swelling last after wisdom teeth extraction?
- How long does bleeding last after wisdom teeth extraction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Dry socket after wisdom tooth extraction
- How can i prevent dry socket after wisdom teeth removal?
- Dry socket wisdom teeth
- How long after wisdom teeth extraction can i drink alcohol?
- Talk to a dentist online for free