Doctor insights on:
How Long After Taking Doxycycline Can I Go In The Sun
4-10 days: You should wait until your body has completly eliminated the medication. This is dependent on the dose, the half life and your bodies ability to eliminate the drug. If sun toxic then safe to wait about 10 days, wear at least a 30 sunblock when you go out. ...Read more
4-5 days: The doxyclcline will be completely out of your system 4-5 days after taking the last dose. Avoid the sun and use sun screen for this duration. ...Read more
Doxycycline sun rash: Doxycycline absorbs UV-A, so if you're outdoors when the med is in your system, you could wind up with a photosensitive rash. That rash can be nasty -so it's good to be careful. The half-life of the drug is about 20 hrs, and it binds to proteins in the body. Thus, after about 5 half-lives since you last took the drug, 'all of it' should be out of your system. That's 4-5 days as the other docs said ...Read more
I'm on Doxycycline (200mg daily for 10 days) and I'm going on a beach holiday right the day after I'll finish taking it. Is it safe to be in the sun?
Im on doxycycline and going on vacation. what should i do about the sun sensitivity. Should I as for a new rx or is sunscreen enough protection?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after taking doxycycline can i eat?
- How long after taking doxycycline can i get pregnant?
- How long after taking doxycycline can cervicitis symptoms persist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after taking ibuprofen can i drink?
- How long after taking methadone can i be switched to suboxone?
- How long after taking levothyroxine can i eat?
- How long after taking flexeril can i drink?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free