Doctor insights on:
How Long After Should You Take A Pregnancy Test
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
How long after sex should you wait to take a pregnancy test could you be pregnant 3 weeks after having sex?
10 -14 days: Home pregnancy tests are very accurate. They are the same tests used in a doctors office. They can detect a pregnancy 7-10 days after conception. The best time to take one is when you miss your period. If you doubt the result you can repeat it in 1-2 days. If you were pregnant the hormone level would rise enough for detection. ...Read more
Depends on ovulation: For home pregnancy tests you get in the drugstore, you usually must wait until you miss a period to get an accurate result. For a woman with a 28-day cycle, that means not earlier than about 14 days after ovulation. The length of time since ovulation is the key rather than the length of time since intercourse. You could try using an ovulation predictor kit to determine when you've ovulated. ...Read more
Any time: Implantation occurs about 7 to 10 days after ovulation and a urine pregnancy test can be positive shortly after implantation. It is unlikely that you could know the precise time of implantation - so a good reference is to perform your pregnancy test at about the time your period should be due. If you are pregnant, the test will almost always be positive by then. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should you wait to take a pregnancy test after you miss your period?
- How long after sex should you take a pregnancy test?
- How long after conception should you take a home pregnancy test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after unprotected sex should you take a pregnancy test?
- How long after intercourse should you take a pregnancy test?
- How long should you wait to take a pregnancy test after implantation bleeding?
- How long should you wait to take a pregnancy test after missed period?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online