Doctor insights on:
How Long After Should You Take A Pregnancy Test
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
How long after sex should you wait to take a pregnancy test could you be pregnant 3 weeks after having sex?
10 -14 days: Home pregnancy tests are very accurate. They are the same tests used in a doctors office. They can detect a pregnancy 7-10 days after conception. The best time to take one is when you miss your period. If you doubt the result you can repeat it in 1-2 days. If you were pregnant the hormone level would rise enough for detection. ...Read more
Depends on ovulation: For home pregnancy tests you get in the drugstore, you usually must wait until you miss a period to get an accurate result. For a woman with a 28-day cycle, that means not earlier than about 14 days after ovulation. The length of time since ovulation is the key rather than the length of time since intercourse. You could try using an ovulation predictor kit to determine when you've ovulated. ...Read more
After missed period: It is generally better to do home test 4-5 days after a missed period. Use first morning urine and follow the instructions in the package carefully. The test may be positive sooner, but a negative test at an earlier date does not rule out pregnancy. You may get a blood test, as soon as one day after a missed period. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after sex should you take a pregnancy test?
- How long should you wait to take a pregnancy test after intercourse?
- How long after intercourse should you take a pregnancy test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after unprotected sex should you take a pregnancy test?
- How long should you wait to take a pregnancy test after sex?
- How long after conception should you take a home pregnancy test?
- How long should you wait to take a pregnancy test after you miss your period?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online