Doctor insights on:
How Long After Open Carpal Tunnel Surgery Is Your Typically Hand Swollen
2 weeks: I tend to stage the surgery 2 weeks apart and typically recommend that the dominant hand go first unless there is a severe difference in the non dominant hand. This gives enough time to allow full function in most adl activity when people ask whether they can have surgery on both hands together i typically remind them about the bathroom! ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
It depends...: In my practice, i allow patients to return to routine activities of daily living the same day of surgery. I encourage typing and light gripping immediately. The bandage is removed after a week, at which time the incision could be washed normally and dressed with a bandaid (avoiding submersion for total of 3 weeks). Load bearing and heavy gripping (manual labor) is resumed usually after 4 weeks. ...Read moreSee 4 more doctor answers
A couple of weeks: It takes about 2 weeks for the wound to heal. Once it does, the soreness should be minimal. It's not uncommon to have some palm and wrist pain after surgery. Most work activities will be tolerable by 3 weeks. Heavy lifting or other activities may take up to 6 weeks to perform. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Time to heal after carpal tunnel surgery? I had surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome two weeks ago. I understand it can take months to heal completely, but how long should it take for me to see improvement? My hand is still pretty swollen and stiff and i st
Had open carpal tunnel surgery on my left wrist in 09/2014. As of late I have been having inner elbow pain and middle finger only pain. Any ideas?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is recovery after carpal tunnel surgery?
- How long does open carpal tunnel surgery take?
- How long does swelling typically last after hand surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does numbness last after carpal tunnel surgery?
- How long does it take for carpal tunnel to heal after surgery?
- Hand pain after carpal tunnel surgery
- Hand exercises after carpal tunnel surgery
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free