Doctor insights on:
How Long After My Wrist And Thumb Surgery Should I Wear My Sling
Ask your surgeon: Sorry, but the only person who's allowed to decide your guidelines for post-operative care is the doctor who is operating on you. That said, i'm guessing that you shouldn't need a sling very long, because the sling immobilizes your shoulder, not your elbow or wrist. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Trigger digits: Thumbs, fingers are typically repsonsive to corticosteroid injections. For those that are not or are associated with a more severe triggering or a fixed contracture or a tendon adherance or are just resistent to treatment and are uncomfortable, surgical release can work well. While any procedure can have a complication or side effect, in general the procedure works well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
4 months ago i had cmc thumb surgery. Last week i woke up and my wrist was snapping (radial side). It is swollen and painful with movement?
Tendinitis: It is likely a tendinitis. Speak with your surgeon and have the area reevaluated. ...Read more
Release: .Trigger thumb release is an outpatient procedure, typically you get an IV and some mild sedation to keep you comfortable. A local anesthetic was used to make the thumb numb and a small incision is made at the base of the thumb to release the strap which is irritating the tendon. Afterwards you can do light activity within a couple of days, no heavy lifting for approximately 10 days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sounds good: I would go for it if you are back to your normal activity and not having pain or nausea issues. I assume you have already eaten without any problems. I wouldn't want my first assault on the stomach after surgery being pizza or chicken wings. Have fun. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i wait after my bypass surgery before taking a long plane trip?
- How long should i wait after having gall bladder surgery to lay on my stomach?
- How long should i keep my arm elevated after hand surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should i have pain after gallbladder surgery?
- How long should i be sore after gallbladder surgery?
- How long after surgery should i have a bowel movement?
- How long should i have pain after endoscopic sinus surgery?
- How should i heal my wrist after a severe sprain?