Doctor insights on:
How Long After Death Are Organs Still Ok For Donation
Depends on the organ: Hearts can last just a few hours usually less than 4 is ideal. Pancreas transplants should be done within 12. Livers within 24 and kidneys can last up to 48. Now that said most centers transplant them much faster than that. The faster an organ is transplanted the better it works. Organs that have been on ice for a prolonged time have a higher rate of not working or not working well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Help! Is it possible to have a strong immune system but still be susceptible to certain infectious organisms?
No one knows: It is estimated that there are between 500-1000 different species in the human gut alone. An interesting finding has been that obese people typically have less diversity in the gut microbiome compared with lean adults. In general, less microbial diversity in the gut is associated with more chronic disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: 1. An individual form of life, such as a plant, animal, bacterium, protist, or fungus; a body made up of organs, organelles, or other parts that work together to carry on the various processes of life. 2. A system regarded as analogous in its structure or functions to a living body: the social organism. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after kidney failure until death?
- How long after is plan b still effective?
- For how long after a plasma donation should not work out
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is ok to be constipated?
- Pizza is it ok to eat how long after your stomach was previously upset
- How long do i have to remain still after a brain angiogram?
- How long after taking tamiflu are you still contagious?
- How long eye alive after death?