Doctor insights on:
How Long After Being Exposed Do Pink Eye Symptoms Appear
Quickly: Most viral types within 3-5 days of exposure. Bacterial usually in 1-2 days. ...Read more
4-7 days : Usually 4-7 days.Get a more detailed answer ›
Conjunctivitis: A pink eye can be due to many things. Classically a "pink eye" is due to viral conjunctivitis and can be very contagious with severe itchiness. It can take 12h-3d for sx to appear. The most natural way to treat it is cold ice packs for itchiness; cold tears in refrigerator helps also. If severe an eyemd can rx stronger drops.Ttp://eyedoc2020.Blogspot.Com. ...Read more
Depends: The length of time depends on the cause. Pink eye is a generic term for inflammation of the conjunctiva (white part of the eye). This inflammation can be from a number of causes, not all of them infectious. The majority of causes will heal without treatemnt in 2-3 weeks but it is generally prudent to see your eye doctor to ensure that no treatement is required. ...Read more
Pink eye!: Lots of reasons for "pink" eye or "red" eye. Infections, both viral & bacterial, are common causes of conjunctivitis. Patients typically complain of an irritation, sometimes gritty, sometimes burning, often w/purulent discharge such that their lids are glued shut in the morning & crusted over. Visual acuity should not be affected. When exposed, one can develop symptoms in hours to days. ...Read more
Usually days: "pink eye, " a.K.A. Viral conjunctivitis, like any virus tends to have an incubation period, which is usually on the order of days following exposure. If you develop symptoms, it's best to see an ophthalmologist to confirm the diagnosis, as there are many problems that can resemble pink eye. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after being infected with hiv do symptoms appear?
- How long after being exposed to flu do symptoms show?
- How long do symptoms of pink eye take to disappear on tobramycin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after hiv exposure do symptoms appear?
- How long do symptoms of pink eye take to disappear?
- How soon after being infected with hiv do symptoms appear?
- How long after exposure to flu do symptoms appear?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free