Doctor insights on:
How Long After An Abscess Lance Can You Return To Work
Abscess is a condition in which a person has an infection in a part of his body, and the infection is being surrounded and fought off by his white blood cells, causing a lump of purulent whitish thick material (pus) where the infection is. Abscesses can be very small like an acne pustule, or they can be ...Read more
I'm a CNA that works in a nursing home I got an abscess boil lanced and packed and I was wondering when would it be okay for me to return to work?
Varies but: I usually recommend avoiding strenuous activity for 7-10days and avoiding straddle type activity such as a bicycle for 14+ days or until comfortable. ...Read more
3 yr old has abscess inner butt cheek was lanced monday in ER on antibiotics oral & topical. When can he return to daycare is he still contagious?
Ask your doctor: It depends on the extent of the infection and how quickly he responds to the antibiotics. ...Read more
Hi I have just had an operation to remove an abscess from a cyst on my scalp how long should this take to heal and should I return to work the op took place saturday. Any advice would be appreciated thankyou?
Healing abcess: 7-10 days. Can resume work in 48-72 hrs s/p surgery. ...Read more
On penicillian 4 days lanced tooth abcess but returned immediatly and swelling in eye. Pain decreased but numbness and swelling same. Back to er?
I and D: Yes, you need to go back for an evaluation and treatment asap. Most ER's have no dental specialist to treat you. You are better off seeing a dentist (probably an Endodontist or Periodontist depending upon the cause of the abscess). However, if you cannot get an appointment right away, go back to the ER. A change in dosage, frequency, or antibiotic + further treatment is probably in order. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: An abscess is accompanied by inflammation. The drainage removes fluid (pus) associated with an infection, but the inflammation remains for a while after the drainage procedure. In fact, the drainage can cause more inflammation. Pain is a typical sign/symptom of inflammation. It should subside in a short time. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after getting a breast lift can you return to work?
- How long after an appendectomy can you go back to work?
- How long after getting a laparoscopic appendectomy can i return to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after having your wisdom teeth pulled can you go back to work?
- How long after a colonoscopy can i return to work?
- How many days will it take before i can return to work after an appendectomy?
- How long to wait before returning to work after laparoscopy for an ovary removed?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free