Doctor insights on:
How Long After An Abortion Will I Get My Period
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
4-6 weeks: On average it may take 4-6 weeks after a medical abortion to resume menstruation. Your previous menstrual history may affect this time interval and it could be longer. You should already be using contraception, because you ovulate before you menstruate and could very well conceive again if you are having unpprotected sex. ...Read more
Usually 4-6 wk: Enter answer details...Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after an abortion will it take to get my period?
- How long after an abortion will i have a period?
- When will i get my period after an abortion
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after a miscarriage will i get my period?
- How long after stopping depo-provera will i get my period?
- How long after breastfeeding will i get my period?
- How long after my period can i get pregnant?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free