Doctor insights on:
How Long After A Woman Is Infected With Hpv Can She Develop An Abnormal Pap
HPV and Pap Smears: No. But the source of oral hpv infections is often genital, and, some genital strains arise from transfer from an oral strain. The pap smear abnormaility may indicate the presence of an hpv strain present in the genital canal. Usually, oral and genital strains are different, but a person may have both. Either way, the pap result warrants follow up. ...Read more
If i have abnormal pap smear hpv not vesibal genital wart.. and i get baby by normal vaginal delivary dose my baby get infected by hpv?please help
If you have HPV,: the infant can acquire it during delivery. "Congenital HPV" can make a newborn very sick. I don't know how old your baby is, but the symptoms can begin up to 30 days after delivery. Women with obvious lesions are more likely to transmit HSV to the baby, so your baby's risk is lower. It's also lower if you got your first outbreak before pregnancy. Please talk with your pediatrician. Dr. Anne ...Read more
It's not treatable: Excellent question, and subtle. The man's hpv usually doesn't produce a lesion that can be excised, and the hpv itself cannot be removed from either partner -- just the precancer / cancer. Once you have met a particular strain of hpv, it's there for life. This is in contrast to chlamydia and trichomonas, in which it's good to treat both partners in a current relationship at the same time. ...Read more
Performed one-time vaginal oral sex on HPV positive woman. She has history of abnormal pap (non cancer) with this HPV. My chances of HPV contraction?
Had one-time oral sex on HPV positive/immunocompromised (no HIV) woman. She had history of abnormal pap (non cancerous). Chances of HPV contraction?
I'm a 21 yr old female and have HPV along with abnormal cells what are the chances of getting cervical cancer? And how often should I get a pap smear?
Can a woman with HPV cervical cancer gives a man oral sex is it transmitt able. And she had her cancer removed. Her pap test is normal.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can a person live after being diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver?
- How long after a tonsillectomy is it before you can speak normally again?
- Why a colonoscopy is scheduled after an abnormal pap smear?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should my eyes stay dilated after a visit with an eye doctor?
- Can a woman know she is pregnant after having sex?
- How long can a person survive after being diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver?
- How long one can live after a massive heart attack with a cardiac arrest?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free