Doctor insights on:
How Long After A Corneal Abrasion Can I Start To Wear Contacts Again
Corneal abrasion: Depends on the size. The larger the abrasion, the longer it takes the corneal epithelial cells to grow across the abrasion surface and heal. For a small linear abrasion the healing can take place within 24 hours. For a very large abrasion ( several millimeters in diameter) it takes several days. ...Read more
It Depends: An uncomplicated corneal abrasion will usually heal within 24 hours. However, if you are a contact lens wearer and you think your wearing caused the abrasion, I would have it checked out right away. Also, do not rub the eye or you are likely to reabrade the cornea, causing more pain. If this is recurrent, get it checked out by an ophthalmologist. If a contact lens wearer, GET IT CHECKED OUT. ...Read more
Eye drops: You should follow up with your primary care physician, most physicians would prescribe an antibiotic eye drop to treat the abrasion to prevent possibly infection. Tylenol 650mg every 4 hours or 1000mg every 8 hours can help the pain / discomfort. Use eye protection, like sunglasses when outside, so that the light doesn't irritate the eye further. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long to wear contacts again after corneal abrasion?
- I am taking a maoi how long after getting off of it can i start to drink beer
- Can i wear contacts a day after a corneal abrasion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after a miscarriage can i try again to get pregnant?
- How long after getting a laparoscopic appendectomy can i return to work?
- How soon after taking antibiotics for pinkeye can i wear contacts again?
- How soon after having a hydrocele removed can i start having sex again?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free