Doctor insights on:
How Likely Is It That An Elderly Person Will Survive Pneumonia With Sepsis
Depends: This depends on many factors - what bug, how strong is the person's immune system, how quicky treatment was started, how many organs are involved, etc. Sometimes even severe cases of sepsis can be treated successfully with complete recovery. Other times we are not as lucky. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infection in the blood is also known as Sepsis. Sepsis is a condition in which a person has a blood infection, usually caused by bacteria. The bacteria get into the bloodstream and are spread all over the body. The infection plus the immune system's response to it causes the symptoms of sepsis, which include fever, rapid heart rate, rapid breathing, high white ...Read more
This is a hypothetical scenario If an elderly pt is hypotensive eg BP in recent days 116/59, 107/59, 104/69, 112/69, 102/62 & 106/70 & is in pain could regular hydromorphione lower BP too much or affect other vital signs if pt has pneumonia & sepsis?
In general & all things being equal is an elderly pt with sepsis & a high total bilirubin less likely to survive than an elderly pt with sepsis & normal TB I realize there are many causes of a high TB.
Sir my 8 month old child have complications since birth first he survived from sepsis, pneumonia and he is under treatment from neuro physician.
Depends: There are many factors that survival depends on. These include other medical conditions, rapidity to treatment, the specific pathogen causing the sepsis, ability to use certain medications (e.g. Allergy restrictions), social history (smoking, drugs), etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
4 year old girl with streptococcus pneumonia with septic shock. What is the survival chance ? Blood transfusions , glucose levels high 300s, low potas
Pneumococ. pneumonia: I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's critical illness. The mortality rate in septic shock is very high but let me give you some pointers about the condition. My search (chest. 2004;126(1) tells me that septic shock occurring within 24 hrs of admission is worse but has 63% chance of recovery compared to 88% if onset was after 24 hrs. We need lots of prayers and hope for her recovery. ...Read more
Elderly mother survived pneumonia, "c diff", 2 consecutive uti's, and fecal impaction, resulting delirium. Can she come back to herself?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How likely is it that i will have my foot amputated if i have diabetes?
- How can we know if it was a baby tooth or an adult tooth that is loose?
- Is it possible to get an std from oral that will show up the next day in mouth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is the typical healing process for a broken hip in an elderly person?
- How likely is it that my prostate biopsy results were a false positive?
- If i had polycythemia as a child is it likely that my son will also have it
- How safe is it to be using birth control that will stop your period?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free