Doctor insights on:
How Likely Am I To Be Infected By Anthrax During A Terrorist Plot
Pulmonary Cutaneous: Cutaneous, GI and pulmonary. Yes, it can occur by eating tainted meat. ...Read more
What can I do if my paranoia is acting up and im scared I've been infected with anthrax, please help?
Paranoia is scary: Paranoia is scary. The fact that you realize that it is probably just paranoia is a good sign & a psychologist and or a psychiatrist can help you fight your paranoia. If you were infected with anthrax, you would know very quickly, so i would try to relax and call a mental health clinic and get some help. I know it is hard to trust anyone when you feel that way, but your mental health is worth it! ...Read more
Lung, skin, GI: Skin anthrax presents an ulcer and is the least dangerous. Gi anthrax causes bloody diarrhea, fever, abdominal pain etc. Inhalational anthrax is the most serious and causes cough, blood sputum, fever, shortness of breath. Note that once symptoms of lung infection appear, treatment is usually not effective and infection causes rapid death! ...Read more
Contact with spores: Anthrax is not spread person to person! it is know for its potential to be used in terrorism (2001) as dried spores sent thru the mail infected some people with pulmonary anthrax. You can get skin anthrax from contact with spores ( from soil) & you can get GI anthrax by eating raw meat or dairy from contaminated animals. See www.Bt.Cdc.Gov/agent/anthrax. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How likely is it that i am pregnant?
- How likely am i to become infected with hepatitis c from a family member?
- Where am i more likely to be bitten by a malaria infected mosquito
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How likely am i to panic while having a dobutamine stress test?
- Am i hpv infected?
- How long am i contagious after being infected with the flu?
- Am i more likely to have a boy or girl?
- Talk to a dermatologist online