Doctor insights on:
How Late Can A Woman Have An Abortion
Earlier is safer.: In general, the earlier in pregnancy abortion is done, the safer. Abortions beyond the first trimester (13 weeks) will put a woman at icreased risks. The latest in pregnancy an abortion can be obtained will vary from state to state, and are almost never done beyond 24 weeks gestation. ...Read more
Emotions: Since a woman's uterus heals so rapidly and completely after an abortion, in my view, her emotional condition is the most affected by the abortion. Most women heal emotionally too quite well especially if they have the support of a good partner or family. Usually pregancy symptoms go away quickly as well so that by 1-2 weeks all symptoms have disappeared. ...Read more
4-6 weeks: It can take a while. Soemtimes up to 4-6 weeks. ...Read more
There are risks : Termination of pregnancy is a surgical procedure. Repeated uterine evacuations can have future problems. Scarring of the cavity is called asherman syndrome & may lead to infertility. Additionally, the cervix may have trauma which may affect pregnancies. It would be hard to find an md who would say "they are without risks". Talk with your obgyn. It is concerning for your overall care. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many abortion can a woman have?
- How many abortions can a woman have?
- How many times can a woman have an abortion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How late in pregnancy can you have an abortion?
- What is the latest a woman can have an abortion?
- How long does a woman have to get an abortion?
- How late can a woman be on her period?
- Talk to a obstetric medicine specialist online for free