Doctor insights on:
How Is The Survival For Someone Diagnosed With Cardiac Rhabdomyosarcoma
Rhabdo is quite: Rare to start, usually in children. Adults and adolescents can get the rarer and poorer prognosis alveolar rhabdo's of extremities. Classic rhabo affects skeletal muscles (those that move bones with volition), but more in the region of, and of un-named muscles. Notice I do not mention heart or cardiac muscle. Sense this is what you have been told. To me, this is unique. Unique is not good. ...Read more
Poor: This is a very rare tumor. The few case reports show very poor outcomes. There is a benign version in infants that has a much better outcome, and can regress on its own. ...Read more
Depends.: There are many factors involved in the long term prognosis. The bladder is a tough spot to have this disease, but i would be very hopeful that there will be a significant response to chemo. The issue is likely to be how to get rid of the tumor and spare the bladder. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unknown: The etiology of rms is really unknown. There have been correlations to recreational drug use in utero, radiation exposure in utero, low socioecomic factors, and antibiotic use shortly after birth. There are genetic syndromes associated with a higher incidence as well. Those should be researched with a geneticist. All rms should see a geneticist. ...Read more
Rhabo's are: Unusual pediatric tumors, commonly located in or near the genito-urinary tract or in the head and neck region. They arise in "un-named" muscles. They respond to chemotherapy and are also treated in combination with radiotherapy. They are most common under five, and almost always under 10. ...Read more
Rhabdo tends: To occur in pediatric population, embryonal cell type, anatomically centered in head & neck or gu sites. Alveolar less age and location dependent. 90-95% of recurrences occur in 2 years. At risk until that interval passed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Rhabdomyosarcoma cancer survival rate
- Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma survival rate
- If someone is diagnosed with hiv typically how long do they have to live
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does someone best recover after a cardiac catheterization?
- How long after cardiac catheterization should someone wait to be intimate?
- How often does cpr work to revive someone from cardiac arrest?
- What is the survival rate for someone with an astrocytoma?
- Talk to a cardiologist online