Doctor insights on:
How Is Hyperopia Treated
Eye prescription is +0.25x-1.0. So my power is "+", but spherical equivalent is "-". Am i myopic or hyperopic? Is near or far vision better?
Depends...: +.25 is negligible, so you can say you're emmetropic. However you do have astigmatism, so you are astigmatic . Technically, you're hyperopic with astigmatism. With current data, i couldnt tell you whether near vision or distance vision is better, depends on whether you have presbyopia or not. If you don't have presybiopia, then they are equal. Hope that helps, but it can get confusing.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hyperopia: Hyperopia is a refractive error that in many patients requires correction with glasses or contact lenses to provide comfortable vision, and symptoms increase as one gets older and you cannot adjust to the refractive error making correction mandatory fore more comfortable vision. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need more correction: Hyperopia can be compensated by accomodation of your natural lens when you are younger. As you age this becomes less effective and by age 52 is lost. This means that you may need increasing lens power through the 30's for distance vision and by age 40 will need extra help (bifocals) at near. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a tattoos get infected and cause a rash like exzema how is this treated?
- What are the causes of severe sciatica and how is it generally treated?
- How is low blood pressure with occasional lightheadedness treated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many years you can live if your cirrhosis is not treated?
- What is the reason for low diastolic pressure and how can it be treated?
- What are symptoms of advanced osteoarthritis in the neck and how is it treated?
- Do i have the right to decide how my baby is treated if born at 23 weeks?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free