Doctor insights on:
How Is Cardiac Output Regulated In The Body
Starling mechanism: You mean how does venous pressure regulate cardiac output.similar to the Starling mechanism-by increasing pre load. Up to a certain point cardiac output is directionally proportional to venous pressure assuming that everything else is the same such as the after load or cardiac contractility ...Read more
Related but not the : Same. Co is a mathematical calculation of the amount of blood pump by the left ventricle of your heart in one minute ( stroke volume x hr ). The ejection fraction is a measurement of the percentage of blood leaving your left ventricle every time contract. Can be measure by 2d echocardiogram, cardiac catheterization, nuclear scan, mri. Hope it help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Exercise: In order to facilitate the increase in oxygen demand of the muscles during exercise, the heart rate and volume of blood per beat will go up. Cardiac output is the product of heart rate times stroke volume. Therefore cardiac output will increase with exercise. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How is glucose broken down in the body used for energy?
- How is carbon dioxide involved in the human body?
- What factors in the body affect the cardiac output?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much vitamin a is stored in the body how long does it last?
- How is folic acid used in the human body?
- How is rice metabolized in the body?
- How is cancer formed in the body?
- Talk to a cardiologist online