Doctor insights on:
How Is A Sternoclavicular Joint Dislocation Typically Diagnosed
X-ray: It can sometimes be diagnosed with plain x-ray, but often a better study is ct scan which offers a 3-dimensional view of a 3-dimensional problem. Treatment is based on the severity of the dislocation, the direction of the dislocation, and whether it is acute or chronic. Suspected acute dislocations require early managment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dislocation is a condition in which a bone has come out of place from a joint, usually due to a sports injury, a fall, a bike/car accident, or a birth defect. The dislocated joint can have its out-of-place bone put back into proper position, but further treatment may be needed ...Read more
Sure: Young people tend to heal very well, but realize that sometimes a cure will involve surgery. See an orthopedic surgeon. ...Read more
I have upward anterior left SC joint dislocation but it's been 6weeks wnna have surgery what r the risks and can it really be back as it once were?
Not necessary: Repair of anterior SC dislocation is elective and mostly cosmetic (you trade a bump for a scar) posterior dislocation is fixed urgently or emergently if there is vascular or tracheal embarrassment. Chronic posterior dislocations are left alone. Overall if it's assymptomatic I'd leave it alone, these surgeries are very close to the great vessels with the attendant risks of vessel injury ...Read more
Yes: Some joints are frequently treated with strengthening exercises, especially the shoulder and kneecap dislocations. These treatments can be very successful in treating mild to moderate joint instability. Even in grossly unstable joints requiring surgery strengthening exercises after surgery are an important part of the treatment, . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How is a posterior cruciate ligament injury typically diagnosed?
- What is the partial dislocation of a joint called medically?
- How long is a person typically immobile after getting a double knee replacement?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How is a compound fracture typically stabilized after surgery?
- How is lumbar radiculopathy typically diagnosed?
- How severe is the pain typically after having a discogram?
- How is galactorrhea typically diagnosed?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free