Doctor insights on:
How Is A Parent Child Relationship Different From Stockholm Syndrome
First love: Love is supposed to come first.Get a more detailed answer ›
So many ways: It would be helpful if you provided more specifics. The age of the child is important as different suggestions for different ages. In general being honest, spending time with a child and being interested are great tools. Some children need tighter boundaries to improve the relationship. A great book is chapmans the five love languages and sequel 5 love languages of children. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A parenting consultant told me that time outs are terrible and cause serious damage to the parent-child relationship. Is this true?
Victim/Perpetrator: It was originally used to describe the psychological phenomenon in which hostages express sympathy towards their captors. It has been generalized to include when victims of abuse develop emotional ties and sympathy to their abuser. An example is spousal abuse were the victim returns to and defends the abuser. It is serious and if anyone suspects it, please get help! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Prisoners: People being held hostage or prisoner. It can also occur to people who are being abused. It usually occurs in psychologically traumatic situations and is characterized by the victim being overly concerned for the well being of their captor or abuser and even sympathizing with them. The symptoms can continue even after the victim is freed from the situation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Psychologist: and psychiatrist for evaluation of PTSDGet a more detailed answer ›
That can be the case: Stockholm Syndrome is not an official DSM diagnosis. It refers to a situation where some one is kidnapped or abducted and ultimately identifies with their captor and takes on their values . After such a situation therapy is usually very helpful. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How is a mineral oil enema different from a fleet enema?
- How is down syndrome passed from parent to offspring?
- How is down syndrome transmitted from parent to offspring?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How is a subcutaneous mastectomy different from a normal mastectomy?
- How is an enlarged spleen different from a fatty liver?
- How is an anterior lumbar interbody fusion different from a posterior lumbar?
- What does it mean to have a cough asthma how is that different from asthma?
- Talk to a pediatrician online