Doctor insights on:
How Is A Mastectomy Bra Different From A Normal Rock
The nipple is intact: Subcu mastectomy leaves the areola and nipple intact but removes 90 to 95ish % of the breast tissue hard to see in upper outer quadrant toward axilla -from the usual inframammary fold incision line- therefore have to be careful in getting all the breast tissue out --- often used in a boy with ptotic gynecomastia ie large breasts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
36 year-old woman whose mother was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 34 and a PALB2 mutation wonders if mastectomy is needed to lower her risk.....?
You need testing: If your mother was a BRCA carrier then it is important that you get tested. Since you know that she has a PLAB2 mutation then your testing can even be more precise. If you are a carrier then see an experienced breast surgeon. They can calculate your lifetime risk as well as your 5 year risk to help you make your decisions regarding mastectomy and ovary removal ...Read more
Individualized item: A mastectomy bra is usually fitted by a lady who is a trained specialist and is able to measure each patient and determine their size and options. It can hold a breast prosthesis for cosmetic purposes and can help in recovery after mastectomy surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rather than just: Ordering on-line, would encourage you to go in person to a specialty bra store. Up to 85% of american women are wearing incorrect bra size. The professionals at a specialty bra stored can ensure that you have the correct band and cup size as well the best design to fit your need. You will also be taught how to properly settle your breasts into the bra. If is worth the effort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Maintainyour figure: If you mean mast. Bra and external prothesis -it is to maintain your figure after mastectomy they also make partial implants for filling out partial mastectomy voids ...... Downside hot, itchy in the summer-colder than you in the winter and expensive needing to be changed yearly but most insurance companies pay for them. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Bras for a Cause @: http://donateyourbras.com/.Get a more detailed answer ›
Once wound heals: May take 3 wks , in some may take longer speak to your surgeon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How is a subcutaneous mastectomy different from a normal mastectomy?
- How is a mineral oil enema different from a fleet enema?
- How is a parent child relationship different from stockholm syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How is an enlarged spleen different from a fatty liver?
- How is an anterior lumbar interbody fusion different from a posterior lumbar?
- What does it mean to have a cough asthma how is that different from asthma?
- What is considered an average or normal bra size for a fourteen year old?
- Talk to a breast surgeon online for free