Doctor insights on:
How Is A Fracture Different From A Hairline Fracture In The Ankle
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Pain & Swelling: The symptoms of a hairline/occult fracture include persistent pain, swelling and difficulty walking and standing on the ankle. These can also be small enough that they are not revealed on normal x-rays. If these persist longer than your doctor indicated for a sprain, additional testing such as an MRI or bone scan might need to be considered. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Symptoms include:: Pain, swelling, and possible instability.Get a more detailed answer ›
What is the reason for swelling on ankle after weight bearing. Talus body hairline fracture 8 months post injury. Doc says it is united.
I sprained my ankle 4 days ago and it is still quite swollen and very bruised. Wondering if I should get it checked for a hairline fracture?
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to treat a hairline fracture in the ankle?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture to heal in the ankle?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the usual recovery time for a fractured fibula in the ankle?
- What is a hairline fracture of the ankle?
- What is a stress fracture in the ankle?
- How to heal a hairline fracture in ankle?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free