Doctor insights on:
How Important Is It To Be Tested For Glaucoma If It Runs In The Family
Besides carrots, what foods are good for vision and warding off glaucoma? Have a family history of glaucoma and already seeing early signs.
Carrots: A balanced diet is good for your eyes. Severe vitamin deficiencies can cause problems, but these are rarely seen in the U.S. outside of malnutrition situations. I'm sorry, there are no foods to eat that will prevent glaucoma. Please see your eye MD for proper evaluation and testing. Early detection is helpful. ...Read more
There is a family history of glaucoma and macular degeneration, how likely will it be that i will get that?
I tend to get scotomas obscurring my visual field and am known with high pressures of both eyes- 20. With no family history of glaucoma, what can I do?
Bloodshot eye everyday, red/sore eye as soon as I wake up in the morning. Glaucoma or just dry eye? 20 yo asian male; no family history of glaucoma.
Red eye: Not enough information, is there tearing, eye pain, blurry vision, any other symptoms such as fever, sore throat, swollen glands, cracked red lips, any allergy symptoms, cough, how long you had it ? You need to see your 1ry care physician & ophthalmologist. Feel better. Good luck. ...Read more
Going for a second oppion and wondering what to expect. Loop recorder shows runs of fvt and vt. Family history of brugada. Meds not working. Ideas?
Degenerative disk: Degenerative disk disease runs in everyone's family. Findings on MRI do not correlate with pain--lots of people with pain have clean MRI and lots of people with bad MRI are pain free. The only thing an MRI does is tell you if you have an abcess or a tumor. Don't waste your time, money and exposure to radiation. Protect yourself by maintaining a healthy weight and exercise. ...Read more
Im 99% sure that im bipolar.Ive never been tested for it but it runs in the family.I want to get tested but have heard of the meds and what they do?
There's no test: The diagnosis is based upon your history of symptoms. It does tend to run in families but there's a lot more too it. All those horror stories you've heard about meds are overplayed. You should sit down with a psychiatrist for 45-60 minutes and go through both your history and your concerns about the medications. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe for a newborn baby to be living in the basement?
- Is it ok to bring cut flowers in the house if pollen might be a problem?
- Sciatica pain in the thighs
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i was hit in the eye how long will it take for the blood to clear up
- How long does it take for the body to be ready for exercise in the morning?
- How long does it take for syphilis to be detectable in a blood test?
- Is it normal for me to be wet all the time on my vaginal area it drives me crazy?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free