Doctor insights on:
How Hyperthyroidism Affects The Brain
Is it possible that if your levrothroxine meds are too high and caused you hyperthyroid symptoms can you forget conversations you had & brain fog?
Hypothyroidism is a medical condition that lowers the level of thyroid hormone to a point where the patient has a marked decrease in overall health. Often the patient does not notice the loss of thyroid hormone for several weeks or more. Once diagnosed with low thyroid hormone levels, the patient will be prescribed with thyroid hormone to a point where the thyroid levels are normal and ...Read more
When I run continues for about 4 mile, I could sense nerve pressure in my head/brain. What could be the reason? I have hyperthyroid.
Running: Slow down. You are probably crossing the line. ...Read more
Thyroid overactive?: If you are hyperthyroid, and it is not a transient thyroiditis, the treatments come down to antithyroid drugs (eg. Methimazole, b-blockers), radioactive iodine, or surgery. Each has its advantages and disadvantages, and you should discuss with your endocrinologist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How hyperthyroidism affects male fertility?
- How does hyperthyroidism affect the body?
- How hyperthyroidism affects sperm production?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How could hyperthyroidism affect cardiac output?
- How epilepsy affects the brain?
- How do seizures affect the brain?
- How does schizophrenia affect the brain?
- Talk to a neurologist online