Doctor insights on:
How High Should My Babies Fever Be Before I Call The Doctor
100.4F or 38C: Babies younger than 2 months manifest signs and symptoms of serious infections (sepsis) in a more subtle fashion than older children. It is important to take your young infant to the doctor if he or she is feeding poorly, is sleepier than usual (lethargic) has an unusual rash, or has an elevated temp – even if that is the only symptom. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When less than 3 mos: It depends on the age of your child as well as other symptoms. For any baby under 3 months of age, a fever over 100.4 deg F taken rectally is considered a fever and an emergency. When your child is older than that, if they have any other concerning symptoms with the fever such as ear pain, deep cough, trouble breathing, lethargy, or the fever persists, you should call your doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Had my ureter balloon dilated yesterday with a stent placement. How high of a fever should I call my doctor at?
Baby girl gets high fevers of 106 and its a pattern. I feel angry at doctors for saying its just viral when there's no other sympton.She cries all day?
Hard to diagnose: Brain damage from a fever is extremely unlikely. It's not unusual for a sick toddler to run a temperature of 104 or even 105 degrees f. Most children can tolerate a temperature of slightly greater than 107 degrees f without long-term effects from the fever. Keep in mind that a fever is not an illness — it's a way for the body to fight disease. See another md if not getting the support you need. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Read advice first: Pediatricians always give an informatoin sheet when little ones get shots. Read that first. If that doesn't provide you with guidance,then yes, call the doctor. ...Read more
I had a bunionectomy and i've developed a fever. I want to know if I should call the doctor right away or not?
Hot Stuff: A fever is a sign of infection whether viral or bacterial. If your child does not have any other symptoms (i.e. Nasal congestion, cough, vomiting, etc.), he most likely has a virus. If the fever does not resolve within a few days or other symptoms develop, you should have your baby evaluated by a doctor. Acetaminophen my be given for irritability but should be used judiciously. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i take my baby to the doctor if she has a fever over 100 degrees
- Should i call the doctor if my baby has a runny nose and is wheezing
- How long before my glucose tolerance test should i be drinking the glucose?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My head hurts for the last 3 hours and i have fever should i go to the doctor
- How long should i be off of norco before having a baby?
- Should i see doctor about pain in the middle of my chest and what could it be
- How far from my baby should the humidifier be placed?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free