Doctor insights on:
How High Are Saltines On The Glycemic Index
Hi prot, lo sugar, : Of limited practical value. Based on intake of 100gm of isolated food-may not reflect portion size, and may not reflect intake, e.g. Most don't eat 100 gm or rice alone. Once you add meat, or fish, tofu, veggies, beans, nuts, seeds, etc you change the G.I. Aim for no refined sugars or grains, protein in every meal. ...Read more
Post cardio snack? Protein & high on the glycemic index for my advanced strength traing. But what's good post cardio such as 5k 7mph. Fat loss goal
Try drinking water: And not having a snack. If you want to enhance fat burning during cardio, have a cup of tea or coffee about 30 minutes prior to exercise (without sugar or sweeteners). This will help mobilize fat stores and improve endurance during your work out. Iced tea or coffee is good. And if you must have a snack try raw carrots, celery, other vegetables with hummus. Unsalted roasted almonds are good too. ...Read more
High glycemic index(GI) foods that have high effect on blood sugar level -will eating such foods make you feel hungry sooner compared to low GI foods?
Elevation of Sugar: The glycemic index is a measure of a particular food or food group to elevate the blood sugar after ingestion. Low glycemic foods are best for those with pre-diabetes, diabetes or other instances when one would not want spikes in blood sugar. You can google this and get lots of list or buy books or tables with these listed. It is listed in lots of diets like southbeach. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not really: If you blend foods and keep the fiber in them- the glycemic index should remain the same. The stomach churns the food almost as well. Many people who blend foods, strain them and take out the fiber, the pulp, the seeds. These sources of fiber when removed, would increase the glycemic index and glycemic load delivered to the body. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the glycemic index and how can i use it to control my diet?
- 50 foods low on the glycemic index
- How to do a backflip on a trampoline for the first time if you are not in gymnastics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- The effect of high protein low glycemic load diet on acne
- What is the glycemic index and how does it work?
- How to calculate the fat you are burning on a treadmill?
- Are turnips low on the glycemic food list?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free