Doctor insights on:
How Hard Do You Think It Is To Get Bow Legs Correction
Easy via osteotomy : Bowed legs or varus knees can be routinely corrected via what is called a high tibial osteotomy (hto). Though not done solely for cosmetic reasons, but for unweighting an arthritic/injured medial (inside) compartment of the knee joint, the overall result is a straighter less painful knee. ...Read more
I don't : But there is a procedure and it would be done by an orthopedist. You might want to find one that specializes in this field... ...Read more
Ilizarov: I assume you are asking about an ilizarov external fixator. The answer depends on the amount of correction needed. The duration is usually at least 4 months, up to a year. ...Read more
Yes worsening occurs: Bowed legs (varus knee) can worsen with time in that the varus alignemnt can advance about the knee with advancing collapse across the medial (inside knee joint space). Any medial bony lesion or deformity theoretically can worsen, thus worsening the varus alignment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get bow legs?
- How long is recovery bow leg correction?
- How long is the recovery time for bow leg correction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bow leg correction usa
- Bow legs correction exercise
- Bow leg correction without surgery
- How can you straighten bow legs?
- Talk to a pediatrician online