Doctor insights on:
How Hard Do You Have To Push When You Are Doing Chest Compressions In Cpr
Broadly speaking, cardioplumonary resuscitation (cpr), is the act of compressing the heart in an effort to create blood flow. This is typically performed as "external" or "closed chest" cpr, as taught by the america heart association. When performed with assisted ventilation, it is possible to deliver enough oxygen to the heart for it to regain its ability to ...Read more
Chest compressions: In 2010 the aha revised their CPR guidelines to change the order in which care was initiated. Previously the recommendation had been to follow the order abc (which stood for airway, breathing, circulation (compressions)). The new recommendation is abbreviated cab- reflecting an emphasis on compressions. In fact, if you'd rather not give mouth to mouth breathing- compression only CPR is fine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Child cpr question - is the breathing and chest compressions the same or almost the same as for adults?
CPR: Chest compressions are a component of CPR. For a good explanation check out: http://www.emergencymedicaled.com/213CPR%20InDepth.htm ...Read more
ABC: Airway........Breathing........Circulation.Get a more detailed answer ›
I took a CPR class today & we were doing chest compressions all day. Now my left hand is swollen & my left arm is starting to hurt. Is this okay?
I have a small but hard lump in my chest at the bottom of my sternum ...It appears to be external right under my skin and also moves when i push it ?
Hard bump: It may be an epidermal inclusion cyst . They are firm and moveable just below the skin. If it is enlarging or painful see a dermatologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to do push ups if you have arthritis in your hands?
- Where on the chest do you push when you do cpr chest compressions
- How long do you have to stay in hospital after hernia repair?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you know when to be hospitalized when you have influenza type b?
- What to do when you have gas in your stomach?
- Do you have to feel your stomach burning when doing sit ups?
- How long do you have to leave a nose ring in after piercing?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free