Doctor insights on:
Shaken Baby Syndrome
My two months baby has hard spot of mosquito bite which was bitten a few week's before .. how to cure it and will it cause any problem to my?
Confusing question: If you are curious about the specific degree needed to cause injury,that can vary from baby to baby based on many factors.Some are more fragile than others based on such things as maturity, muscle tone,size,etc. In short there is no "safe"level. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am suffering from hyperemasis and it's been hard for me to deal with because I never been through this before until I got pregnant with my baby. I want to know how can I deal with this problem? I been went to the hospital and got treatment but I am stil
Tough one: VERY DIFFICULT to dealt with. Make sure you are in touch with your OB provider. There are medications which can help. Small, frequent snacking and fluids (hourly if able) to help maintain calorie intake and hydration. Sometimes I have had to admit my OB patients with this condition to hospital to treat, at minimum I see them weekly. Hope this is not the case for you. Hope this was helpful DrR ...Read more
I had pyloricstenosis as a baby. Could this cause hunger problems now that I am twenty one? I feel as if I am never full.
Unrelated: The hunger drive is a complex one related to feeding activity, a brain satiety center, intestinal feedback cues through chemicals like leptin &emotive response to eating, etc. It is not related to a simple procedure in your infancy where the surgeon made a simple cut lengthwise in the pylorus muscle to relax the spasm. Seek cues though counselling if your doc has not found a physical issue. ...Read more
Would be evident: Babies are quite resilient, and minor head trauma is common to most between the 1st and 2nd yr. Other head trauma would produce immediate symptoms, or problems such as seizures, learning problems etc that would be evident within a few years of school entry.Trying to tag such a fall as the cause of a new problem in an adult is a bit of a stretch. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Herpes and pregnancy: A mother can infect her baby during delivery, often fatally. But if a woman had genital herpes before getting pregnant, or if she is first infected early in pregnancy, the chance that her baby will be infected is very low -- less than 1%. Women with genital herpes are examined carefully for any symptoms before giving birth. If sores or signs that an outbreak is coming a c-section is done. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can a person have small bowel cancer before it causes symptoms?
- Can a man get ringworm on his penis how can it be cured?
- How long can you have chlamydia before it causes pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after a tonsillectomy is it before you can speak normally again?
- How can we know if it was a baby tooth or an adult tooth that is loose?
- How long can a kidney stone be stuck in my ureter before any damage is done?
- Can an itchy scalp be caused by a thyroid problem?
- How long can a person live with a brain tumor before it causes symptoms?