Doctor insights on:
How Grave Disease Affect Marriage
Increases metabolism: Thyriod hormone affects the whole body.It helps the normal processes function at optimal speeds. It functions like "sparkplugs". When you have a condition like graves disease(hyper functioning thyriod gland) your metabolism can be increased dangerously high . It can be fatal (cardiovascular effects esp). ...Read more
Adversely: Hi. Hyperthyroidism in the long term runs down a lot of tissues, including the nervous system. Nerves and other cells in the nervous system have receptors for thyroid hormone, and by binding to them, thyroid hormone affects their function. You see tremors, brisk reflexes, and a host of behavioral effects due to too much thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Graves eye disease: Most patients with graves have no or only minimal eye disease. Graves eye disease runs a different course from the hyperthyroidism. It can appear years after the thyroid has been fixed. Graves eye disease has a wide range of severity, and can be difficult to treat in severe cases. Steroids and/or surgery are used. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does kidney disease actually affect the immune system?
- How does kidney disease affect other organs?
- How does chronic liver disease affect the heart?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does celiac disease affect the small intestine?
- How heart disease affect the respiratory system?
- How does lyme disease affect the heart?
- How can thyroid disease and menopause affect your life?
- How does coronary heart disease affect the respiratory system?