Doctor insights on:
How Fertile Are You After Your Period
Mid -cycle: You would be most fertile mid-cycle, about 10-14 days after your cycle ends. ...Read more
Variable: The window of conception (woc) is usually cycle days 10-17 but only about 30% of women fit into this range. About 10% of women were in their woc on any day between days 6-21. Indeed about 3% of women are in their woc on the day of expected menses. (http://1.Usa.Gov/nhkswu) these facts suggest why women conceive when they should not be able to. Use BBT or opk to help time. (http://bit.Ly/mvk3em). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Fertility: No. That is not how nature works. Fertility is called ovulation. Sperm left in the vagina on the five days before ovulation are the sperm that will cause pregnancy. Ovulation is the release of the egg from the ovary and is the most important part of the menstrual cycle. Ovulation occurs on the other side of the cycle. Menstruation occurs when an egg has not been fertilized. ...Read more
Possible: It is possible. physiologically in a 28 day cycle, ovulation take place 2 weeks before your period. The ova -egg- usually lives up-to 4 days. Now, could your ovulation time changes couple of days, yes (because your period time is not known), could the egg live longer than expected, yes, and therefor it is possible to be fertile 1 week prior to your "expected period", although the chances is low. ...Read more
Ovulation timing: The optimal time for conception is 48 hours prior to and up to the day of ovulation. Therefore, start having intercourse a couple of days prior to when you actually ovulate and have intercourse every other day for a total of five times to help ensure sperm are there when you ovulate. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon after your period are you fertile?
- How long after your period are you fertile?
- How many days after your period starts are you fertile?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many days after your period are you most fertile?
- Can you be fertile after your period?
- What days after your period are you fertile?
- Are you more fertile before or after your period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free