Doctor insights on:
How Fast Does Maalox Work
No: You might be thinking of gastric ulcers. ...Read more
I've taken every antacid med ppis,h2s,tums,maalox,aciphex (rabeprazole) on now. Nothing has helped my reflux; Except one day I figured out that Benadryl works. Why?
Histamine receptors: Are of different types, H1, blocked by antihistamines and are responsible for allergic reactions, H2 are responsible for gastric acid secretions, also H3 receptors found in the CNS, . Whether benadryl (diphenhydramine) worked and blocked the histamine receptors in your stomach, or you may be having another problem , that's yet to be found. Good that you had a remedy for now, tell your gastroenterologist about it ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How fast does chemo work?
- How fast does cymbalta work?
- How fast does hcg work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How fast does mucinex work?
- How fast does strattera work?
- How fast does allegra work?
- How fast does acyclovir work?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online