Doctor insights on:
How Fast Does It Take The Rabies Virus To Go From The Bite Wound To The Brain
I-3 months: Rabies incubates in the body of the victim, and even an animal who has been infected, may not have it in saliva for quite some time. Once it is active in a victim, the virus multiplies, and migrates up nerve fibres into the brain. The typical period is about one to three months, giving time to use vaccines to save a life. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
At what point during the rabies virus transit from the site of inoculation to the brain is it vulnerable to immune intervention?
Before reaching: Rabies moves along nerves from the inoculation site back to the brain. The bottom line is that if you have been exposed, you take the immunizations, hopefully at once, if this is a homework question, it's a poor one as no one is absolutely certain. If you have been exposed but delayed reporting, don't give up; post-exposure immunization is a basic human right. ...Read more
Not necessarily: In fact, an animal bite is not needed to be infected with rabies. A rabies infection could result if the saliva of a rabid animal contacts an open wound or the eye of a person. There have been documented cases of rabies infection without a history of an animal bite. It is presumed that the infection may have occured via the aforementioned ways. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hello, i want to ask if it is enough to clean potentional rabies virus from hand(not from wound) with water or is it neccessary to use desinfection?
Rabies is an infectious disease caused by a virus. The most common carrier in the U.S. is infected bats. Symptoms of rabies include an initial flu-like illness followed by increasing paralysis, agitation, and confusion. The classic drooling symptom is due to an inability ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many years does it take to go from normal to the end of menopause?
- How long does it take the swelling from wisdom teeth to go down?
- How long does it take ant or mosquito bites on the skin to fade?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How fast does it take the iud to work?
- Can tapeworms infect the brain how long does it take to get there?
- How long does it take birth control pills to go bad in the tropics?
- How long does it take for food to go through the digestive system?
- Talk to a pediatrician online