Doctor insights on:
How Fast Does A Strobe Have To Flash To Cause Seizures For People With Epilepsy
Seizure is also known as Generalized seizures in adults. A seizure is a symptom in which a person has a convulsion or epileptic attack, usually involving jerking movements of the head, limbs, and rest of the body. It represents abnormal brain function, and can be caused by fever (mainly in young children), by brain infections or tumors, by drug abuse or overdoses, by chemical ...Read more
Is it possible to cause a person without epilepsy to have a seizure by flashing strobe lights at him?
Possibly: Some people are have photosensitive seizures, caused not necessarily by changing color but the flicker frequency of the changes. This was previously called tv epilepsy, but new screens do not cause this. Consult a neurologist who may suggest medication and a particular frequency of blue sun glasses that makes the likelyhood of seizures less likely. Also avoid flickering lights. ...Read more
Can lightning cause problems for people with photosensitive epilepsy? Can lightning and thunderstorms trigger seizures in photosensitive epilepsy?
No: Photosensitive epilepsy is triggered by the flickering of light at a given frequency and given intensity that triggers discharges from the vision centers of the brain. Lightning is a streak of intense light with dramatic discharge of ions and sound pressure associated with dramatic changes in atmospheric pressure. It can be dramatic as a stimulus, especially if it strikes near to the person. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Seizure: Seizures are divided into tow types. Partial onset and generalized. Generalized could be primary generalized or secondary generalized in which partial onset develops into generalized. When only a part of the body is involved in seizures that seizure is called partial seizure or petit mal. When the whole body is involve in seizure that seizure is called generalized seizure or grand mal. ...Read more
Hi I've got epilepsy I was just curious in case I ever have a seizure what causes seizures is it possible to have one on epilepsy medicine.?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How hard does someone have to hit their head for it to cause a brain bleed?
- How long does it take for a uti to heal with antibiotics?
- How long does it take for a uti to clear up with antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a broken hand to heal with surgery?
- How long do you have to fast for a hemoglobin a1c test?
- How much fast food would you have to eat to cause a heartattack?
- How does pernicious anemia cause people to have achlorhydria?
- Talk to a neurologist online