Doctor insights on:
How Fast Do Colon Polyps Grow
Colonic polyps is also known as Colon polyps. Colonic polyps are round growths along the wall of your large bowels. They are a very common finding in the elderly population. However, they are associated with increased risk of colon cancer, especially when an individual has many hundreds of these polyps and/or gets the polyps ...Read more
Variable: Generally we discuss polyp growth as being exponential, so that from a single cell to a polyp 1 cubic centimeter in size probably takes 2-3 years. Hyoweveer due the exponential growth they can double in size in shorter times. Some polyp types may be faster growing than others. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Variable: Exact rate;density of polyp growth to malignant transformation is virtually unknown due to so many variables, earlier studies the mean doubling time 130 days (53-1570) 5mm polyps increases size 5-9mmm mean mass decreases as some of the polyps spontaneously regress. If polyp is removed completely will not come back in the same spot. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Yes and No: Removal of colon polyps depend on their size. Smaller polyps with a narrow base can usually be removed easily at the time of colonoscopy. Larger polyps, and those with a broader base cannot be completely removed by colonoscopy at times, and may require colon resection. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How quickly do colon polyps grow?
- Do colon polyps grow fast?
- How fast does colon cancer grow?
- How fast do follicles grow on clomid?
- Growth rate of malignant ovarian tumors
- How fast do lymph nodes grow from cancer?
- How fast do uterine fibroids grow?
- How fast do follicles grow on follistim?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online for free