Doctor insights on:
How Fast Can The Cervical Spine Collapse If Osteoporosis
Currently it is better to think of osteoporosis as a condition where the bone is weakened, and can be managed or treated rather than cured. This is usually performed by dietary modifications, ingestion of supplemental calcium, vitamin d and a class of agents notice the bisphosphonates. These are usually delivered via oral or intramuscular injection on a weekly or monthly ...Read more
Can a person get paralysed from osteoporosis or even worse quadriplegic from cervical spine fractures?
Yes: Yes, if someone fractures there cervical spine during a fall or injury, the spinal cord can become injured and this can result in weakness and quadriplegia. The osteoporosis itself does not cause a spinal cord injury, a fracture or disc herniation can cause spinal cord injury. If you have osteoporosis it is important to see your primary specialist and to have that evaluated and treated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not common: Outside of trauma like bad car accidents, severe falls etc, cervical spine fractures are not common. I rarely see them and i take care of an older population. Spinal compression fractures from osteoporosis are more common and are seen mostly in the the thoracic and lumbar spine. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Ubiquitous: Degenerative neck and back pain is akin to wrinkles in the skin. Age happens, and the alternative (bring aging to a grinding halt with death) is not appealing. Accept some aches and pain, use nsaid's/tylenol to control, salonpas hot patches, strengthen the core, consider mckenzie pt (doc's rx needed). If persistent, further evaluation. Should not be life altering under most circumstances. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell if the stitches in my finger are getting infected?
- How much weight can you lose in one month if you go to the gym every day?
- Hyperventilation how fast can someone pass out if hyperventilating
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell if u have a cavity without going to the dentist?
- How can i tell if the nits are dead or alive?
- Swelling in the face after mosquito bite how can you tell if it is infected
- How fast can i make my the flu go away?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free