Doctor insights on:
How Fast Can I Make My Vocal Cord Nodule Go Away
The vocal cord is a short (about 1cm long) band of tissue in the larynx (aka "voice box"). It is paired, so everyone has 2, and they are located just below the "adam's apple." when you breathe, they are separated from each other. When you speak, they come together while your lungs push air (like a bellows or bagpipe) past them, and they vibrate, like a reed ...Read more
Typically no: Vocal cord nodules/cysts typically do not cause pain, but often hoarseness. If the cyst is infected or becoming too large, may cause pain and difficult breathing etc... Obviously you should follow-up with your doc about the nodule and make sure it is not malignant/canerous etc.. Good luck. ...Read more
Depends: Voice abuse is the most common cause of a vocal fold nodule. It is a thickening of the lining epithelium and usually requires voice therapy. However, modified voice rest can result in recovery of this thickening in a matter of weeks to months. You need to see your layrngologist for advice or a voice therapist for therapy. ...Read more
Vocal cord nodules: This is basically a callous of the vocal cord. It produces a change in one's voice. They are most often due to over use of your voice. First line treatment is generally voice therapy with surgery reserved for recalcitrant cases. ...Read more
Another opinion: If your nodule is gone and you are still hoarse and you have discussed this with your ENT and have not gotten help then you need another opinion. Find an ENT who has a special interest in the voice. You should have a videolaryngoscopy with stroboscopy and a consultation with a speech therapist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How fast can i make my shigellosis go away?
- How fast can i make my parkinsons disease go away?
- How fast can i make my hemophilia go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How fast can i make my myelodysplastic syndromes go away?
- How fast can i make my premenstrual syndrome go away?
- How fast can i make my vasovagal syncope go away?
- How fast can i make my pancoast syndrome go away?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online