Doctor insights on:
How Fast Can I Make My Shigellosis Go Away
Shigellosis: Shigella species are a common cause of bacterial diarrhea worldwide, particularly in developing countries. Shigella organisms are more resistant to stomach acid than other bacteria. Therefore, it takes relatively few organisms to cause disease. Shigellosis can result from contaminated food and water and person-to-person spread (shaking hands). ...Read more
Shigellosis treatmen: No.Get a more detailed answer ›
...: Trichinosis is caused by eating raw or undercooked meat of animals infected with a worm called trichinella. Shigellosis is caused by bacteria called shigella, is passed from person to person and can cause bloody diarrhea. Amebiasis is caused by the parasite entamoeba histolytica. People infected with this parasite don’t always get sick (only 10-20%). ...Read more
Antibiotics: Previously, antibiotics such as tetracycline, Ampicillin and co-trimoxazole were effective, but resistance is now a problem. Fluoroquinolones such as norfloxacin, ciprofloxacin, ofloxacin, Azithromycin and Ceftriaxone are effective, depending on the resistance patterns in the area/country. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How fast can i make my diabetic retinopathy go away?
- How fast can i make my parkinsons disease go away?
- How fast can i make my hemophilia go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How fast can i make my myelodysplastic syndromes go away?
- How fast can i make my premenstrual syndrome go away?
- How fast can i make my vasovagal syncope go away?
- How fast can i make my pancoast syndrome go away?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online