Doctor insights on:
How Fast Can I Make My Hemophilia Go Away
Clotting problem: Hemophilia is a hereditary blood disorder in which the person is deficient in one of the body's clotting factors (factor viii for hemophilia a and factor ix for hemophilia b). Therefore the blood does not clot correctly after an injury. Depending on severity, patients with hemophilia bleed and bruise easily and for a longer time. Some may even bleed into their joints, muscles, or brain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Inheritance/genetics: Hemophilia is a disorder of clotting due to abnormal genes that are inherited from the mother by the son. Daughters are carriers but generally do not suffer from it. An affected man pass the gene to his daughters but can not pass it to the sone. Daughters pass the disease on to their sons. Rarely a new mutation, de novo, may occur to cause the disease that is then spread to the offspring. ...Read more
Very serious: Interferes with blood clotting, so subject can not easily stop bleeding when it occurs. Not just open bleeding, but into joints which when started will only stop when the pressure within the joint equals the blood pressure, so there is severe joint swelling followed by fibrosis (scarring) within the joint. Similarly uncontolled bleeding can occur into the GI tract and/or lungs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hemophilia: The treatment of hemophilia depends on what type the patient has, how severely they are affected, and whether any surgical procedures are planned. Without knowing what type of hemophilia you are discussing i can't be more specific. A good source of information is the national hemophilia foundation at www.Hemophilia.Org. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How fast can i make my diabetic retinopathy go away?
- How fast can i make my shigellosis go away?
- How fast can i make my parkinsons disease go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How fast can i make my myelodysplastic syndromes go away?
- How fast can i make my premenstrual syndrome go away?
- How fast can i make my vasovagal syncope go away?
- How fast can i make my pancoast syndrome go away?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free