Doctor insights on:
How Fast Can I Make My Centipede Sting Go Away
12 hours or less: Little critters can certainly sting! wash with water. Use cool compresses every 10 minutes. Talk with your doc if the sting lasts for more than 12 hours or you have serious symptoms [headache, palpitations, sick to your stomach/barfing, feel nervous, see red streaks, or a painful swelling of the lymph nodes]. Hope you feel better. ...Read more
Very unusual: And not very serious.Get a more detailed answer ›
Rarely: Symptoms which are most likely to develop include: severe pain, which is usually in proportion to the size of the centipede;swelling and redness; swollen, painful lymph nodes in the regions of the bitten limb; headache;palpitations or a racing pulse;nausea and vomiting;anxiety;local itching and burning sensations...(.From wikipedia). Most centipedes stings are not life threatening. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Symptomatic relief: Centipedes have a painful bite and may cause swelling. The biggest concern is secondary infection, so wash the area with soap and water and watch carefully for signs of infection(pus, expanding redness).Hot compress may help reduce the pain, or an ice pack to relieve swelling. Over the counter pain relievers can be used as well as Hydrocortisone cream for itching. ...Read more
Yes.: Mucous membranes typically heal quickly; just keep the area clean to minimize the chance of infection. And needless to say, take your time and be careful in the future while shaving delicate areas. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How fast can i make my parkinsons disease go away?
- How fast can i make my hemophilia go away?
- How fast can i make my fibromyalgia go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How fast can i make my premenstrual syndrome go away?
- How fast can i make my vasovagal syncope go away?
- How fast can i make my pancoast syndrome go away?
- How fast can i make my tongue cancer go away?
- How fast can i make my diabetic retinopathy go away?