Doctor insights on:
How Far Away Should Your Computer Screen Be From Your Eyes
Examples are: colonoscopy for colon polyp or cancer; mammograms for breast lesions or cancer; psa a blood test that could indicate enlargement of cancerous prostate tissue; blood sugar or hemoglobin a!c for diabetes. Many think that scanning the whole body will pick up a cancer--in all likelihood, it will not. There also is no good blood test, yet, ...Read more
There is none: The best distance is that which is most comfortable for you. Some people prefer to be slightly closer, while others prefer to be further back from the monitor. There is no risk for eye damage from modern screens, although staring for long period can cause strain and dry eyes. The key is regular breaks to relax the eyes, and glasses and lubricant eye drops if needed for best comfort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
You bet!: When we stare at something for a long time (computer screen, book, wall) we decrease the amount of blinking per minute. Blinking pushes water on the eye (reverse windshield wiper) to coat it. When you don't blink, the eye dries and sends a signal to the tear gland to produce more tears in order to protect the eye. It is a sign that you are staring too long. Try a break or artificial tears. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No issue: This will do no harm. You must have an unusual baby who would site for a long time looking at a computer screen. ...Read more
Eyes blurry when looking at computer screen, clear when looking at surroundings and currently burning. What's happening, what to do?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How far apart should your arms be to get chest muscles doing pushups?
- What is the correct distance to keep your eyes from the computer screen?
- How far should a humidifier be from a sleeping baby?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How late should your period be before you worry?
- How late can your period be from stress?
- Does staring at a computer screen ruin your eyes or cause cancer?
- How bad is it to stare at your computer screen all day long?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free