Doctor insights on:
How Far Away Should Your Computer Screen Be From Your Eyes
There is none: The best distance is that which is most comfortable for you. Some people prefer to be slightly closer, while others prefer to be further back from the monitor. There is no risk for eye damage from modern screens, although staring for long period can cause strain and dry eyes. The key is regular breaks to relax the eyes, and glasses and lubricant eye drops if needed for best comfort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No issue: This will do no harm. You must have an unusual baby who would site for a long time looking at a computer screen. ...Read more
No danger: Although it can cause eye strain and discomfort, there is no risk of blindness from being too close to a computer monitor or television. The real question is: why would you be sitting so close? You may need glasses, and could benefit from an eye examination. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Eyes blurry when looking at computer screen, clear when looking at surroundings and currently burning. What's happening, what to do?
You bet!: When we stare at something for a long time (computer screen, book, wall) we decrease the amount of blinking per minute. Blinking pushes water on the eye (reverse windshield wiper) to coat it. When you don't blink, the eye dries and sends a signal to the tear gland to produce more tears in order to protect the eye. It is a sign that you are staring too long. Try a break or artificial tears. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Perhaps: It is commonly believed that radiation from a computer monitor can damage the eyes. This is false. You may develop eye strain from prolonged computer time or your eyes can become dry and irritated, because you don't blink as much when reading or watching a monitor/tv. The monitor radiation itself will not damage your eyes, though. ...Read more
Is it true that modern tv/computer screen less harmful for eyes compared to 1960-80.Simply because X-ray radiation is less in modern tv/computer.?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Dizziness from computer screen
- Does staring at a computer screen ruin your eyes or cause cancer?
- How far should a humidifier be from a sleeping baby?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you protect your eyes from harmful radiation when working on computer?
- Looking at computer screen caused sunken eyes
- Can the light emitted from computers damage your eyes?
- Does reading from computer screens cause nearsightedness?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free