Doctor insights on:
Effectiveness Of The Withdrawal Method As Birth Control
Contraception is also known as Birth control. Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
Implants,IUDs: See above.Get a more detailed answer ›
I started birth control ortho try cylen four days ago. If I have sex and use the withdrawl method on the 7th day will I be protected from pregnancy?
Just started birth control. When will it be effective in preventing pregnancy? And what time frame do I have to the the pills daily? How effective
99+%: If taken perfectly, - same time, every day, without missing any pills, the effectiveness is quite hi- 99%. However, in practice, the figure is closer to 92% effectiveness, reflecting missed pills, etc. ...Read more
Which birth control is the most effective for a female to prevent pregnancy from having unprotected sex?
Plan B: I assume that you are asking which pill can you take to prevent a pregnancy after just having had unprotected intercourse. If that is the case, and you are within 72 hours of sex (3 days), taking a single pill (plan b) is approx. 90% effective in preventing a pregnancy. There are other pill regimens as well. It is not going to be helpful if you are already pregnant. Good luck! ...Read more
93% effective.: At your age, even with proper use the oral contraceptives (irrespective of low-dose or not) as ~93% effective in preventing undesired pregnancy. Talk to your gynecologist for other contraceptive options, such as the iud that is much more effective in pregnancy prevention and can last up to 10 years without having to remember taking a pill daily. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is the withdrawal method a reliable method to prevent pregnancy?
- How do birth control pills work to prevent pregnancy?
- Why is the withdrawal method not recommended to prevent pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is doubling up on birth control pills to prevent your period one month bad?
- How long does the birth control pill take to be effective 3rd cycle?
- How soon after failed birth control can u take a pregnancy test?
- Regulating a menstrual cycle without birth control pills
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free