Doctor insights on:
How Effective Is Ultrasound Therapy In The Treatment Of Tendonitis
The sonogram is a test that looks at body organs with no radiation. It uses sound waves and can give us a 2 dimensional view of organs such as the kidney, liver, heart, and lungs. It can define spaces that are either solid or full of fluid. I can also guide large needles into an organ or near the spine, and can help define the area being cut open. Its a ...Read more
Doc prescribed shortwave diathermy n ultrasound therapy twice a week for my ankle tendon strain. Must i adhere to it strictly n go twice a week?
Had ultrasound therapy on low back for the 1st time today. It hurt really bad over a certain area where i've never experienced pain before. Only hurt when transducer was over the area. Pain was a 7 ?
Not enough info: Utrasound therapy is not a common modality for relief of back pain. You may benefit from imaging such as x-ray or mri. Steroid injections have been effective for many. If you are obese, lose weight and strengthen abdominal muscles for relief. This could be a muscle spasm that may respond to massage and medication, try seeing a legitimate pain specialist, neurologist, or neurosurgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tissue warming: Therapeutic ultrasound is different from the diagnostic ultrasound, used to make images from under the skin, in both intensity and frequency. Therapeutic ultrasound causes vibration of the target tissue such as a tendon or muscle. This vibration causes warming of the tissue, causing pain relief and improvement in blood supply to the area, promoting healing, even in chronic runner's knee. ...Read more
Had ultrasound therapy on lower back today. It hurt really bad in a certain spot where i've never experienced pain. Dr. Says its not supposed to hurt?
Maybe not related: New pain may not be related to ultrasound. It may be coincidence that pain occurred during ultrasound. ...Read more
Helps treat it: I would not say it helps prevent tendon injury, it helps treat tendon injury.. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How successful is physical therapy in the treatment of thoracic outlet syndrome?
- What is the physical therapy protocol in treatment of a total hip replacement?
- How successful is surgery in the treatment of thoracic outlet syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell if the enzyme replacement therapy in chronic pancreatitis is effective?
- How do you get rid of tendonitis in the wrist?
- How to know if the stinger of bee is still in foot?
- How can i lighten the color of my skin is there any cream i can use?
- Talk to a radiologist online for free