Doctor insights on:
How Effective Is Leg Bypass Surgery
Depends: Leg bypasses are typically done when someone has pain or a non-healing wound from poor circulation. If the bypass is open then it will be effective at healing wounds and improving pain. How long bypasses work is another loaded question and depends in many factors. Some include, smoking status, is vein used as a conduit or synthetic material, is the bypass to an above or belw knee artery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, if indicated: Actually by being thin the operation is often technically easier and wound complications are less compared to an obese patient. You may, however, be able to feel the graft easier which can be concerning to some but has no impact on the safety of the procedure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Revascularization is common due to the progressive nature of peripheral vascular disease. After an original bypass, scar tissue or intimal hyperplasia forms at the proximal and distal ends of the pipe limiting flow. Ultimately this scarring may shut the bypass down requiring a "new" one. However, as the disease progresses options for further bypasses may become more limited. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Had aorta bifemoral bypass surgery in december. Am having leg and back pain like before surgery could this be happening again so fast?
I am a diabetic that has already had a full leg bypass surgery to improve circulation. Now I am having tunneling in the largest wound?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is recovery from triple bypass surgery?
- How long is the recovery from femoral artery bypass surgery?
- Is it normal to feel leg pain again after leg bypass surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I am skinny is it safe for me to have leg bypass surgery in my leg
- How is the chest closed after a heart bypass surgery?
- How painful is recovery from having a vein removed from leg for bypass?
- How much is leg lengthening surgery?
- Talk to a cardiologist online