Doctor insights on:
How Effective Is Albendazole For Pinworms
Pinworms is a condition in which a person (often young children, sometimes parents of young children) has little parasites called pinworms in his large intestine and his poop. Pinworms are threadlike worms about half an inch long, causing the main symptom of butt-itching or butt-scratching in kids. Treatment is usually ...Read more
Hi, I have a 16 month old who had been dealing with symptoms of pinworm. Reese was not effective. How long does albenza take to work?
Yes: Not only normal, but expected. The antihelminthic kills the worms and eggs, the females no longer can crawl out of the anus to deposit their eggs, so no more itch. ...Read more
YouCanNotSeePinworms: You can not see coming out of your anus as the fmale worm only come out around the anus at night and you can only see at night with a flash light.The white hair-thin worm ionly 10 mm long (male are average 3 mm) and can be seen without microscope But most of the time we use a scotch tape which will pick up eggs at night from around the anus as the worm lays eggs and get it examined under the scope ...Read more
Yes: It is effective (off-label use) - usually given 400 mg single dose and then 2nd dose in 2 weeks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How effective is tri sprintec for acne?
- How effective is lymecycline for acne?
- How successful is taking albendazole against pinworm?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How effective is the shingles vaccine for a 60 year old vs a 80 year old?
- How effective is nolvadex for reducing libido in men?
- How effective is green light laser surgery for prostate enlargement?
- How effective is progestin compared to other treatments for endometriosis?
- Talk to a pediatrician online