Doctor insights on:
How Effective Are Zicam And Airborne
OTC medications: Over-the-counter medications appear to be helpful for some individuals. Unfortunately, some otc medications have never been proven to be effective in controlled studies. Beware of medications that do not site published studies, but rely only on testamonials. Even in controlled drug studies, it is not uncommon for up to 40% of those in the placebo group (untreated) to experience symptom relief. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No it does not: Its never been show to be effective in a cold in clinical trials. ...Read more
I have a mild cold, not miserable just coughing, hoarseness, and mucus. I haven’t been taking any OTC cold meds just zicam/airborne. Should I start?
Depends: Colds will respond nicely to rest, and fluid administration. You might consider isolating yourself from others who can get it from you. Relief from antihistamines such as chlorpheneramine is very useful (4 mg pill repeated every 6-8 hours) but these may make you sleepy. High dose vitamin c makes no difference. Colds are common and remedies are many. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've been spitting up these weird mucus balls. They are semi-hard and usually come from my nose to my mouth. Taking zicam/airborne for the 1st time.?
Mucus Balls: These mucus balls are most likely thickened, dry mucus coming from your nose, down the back of your nose into your mouth. This time of the year, when our furnace is running, the air we breathe is very dry. Trying using saline nasal spray, like neilmed or simply saline, 4 - 6 times / day to moisten your mucus. Long, hot showers and a mist humidifier would also help. Not better? Go see your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have gallbladder out on Monday...im fine....my whole family sick with cold...help me stay healthy. I wash a lot Zycam or airborne work?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i have a hernia my balls and penis are swollen how do i get the swelling down?
- I was crying last night and now my eyes are puffy how do i get rid of it
- How are renal glycosuria and diabetes different?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How are cerebrum and cerebellum structures similar?
- How effective are follistim injections for getting pregnant?
- How are sugars broken down and used in the body?
- How are glycosuria and hypoglycemia related?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free