Doctor insights on:
How Effective Are The Spinal Decompression Machines
Variable results: Spinal decompression machines typically apply traction to the spine. This can be a very helpful modality to relieve pain radiating into the upper and lower extremities by temporarily "decompressing" the pinched nerves. Unfortunately, sometimes the relief is only temporary. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Undergoing drx9000 spinal decompression for a moderately degenerated disc. I read that the machines can actually further disc damage? Is that true?
Yes: It can be very helpful for some people although it can be difficult to determine who the best candidates are. It is safe so a trial of it can be done to see if it helps. ...Read more
Yes with the : Yes, once cleared by surgeon, there should be no issues. The clearance is mainly to see that there are no post op issues like wound healing issue or infection, a lung issue including pneumonia or urinary issue including infection. Carrying or lifting baggage may be restricted for several weeks based on extent of surgical incision. If you are talking about a traction treatment, there is no issue. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Do not waste your : Money on a repackaged form of traction. If you want to try something that you can own for a fraction of the price, try an inversion table. There is no scientific literature that supports any spinal decompression system. Bulging discs are not abnormal and herniated disc symptoms may be temporarily decreased with traction. ...Read more
Surgical: If you have spinal stenosis that require surgery, then a laminectomy is usually the type of surgery that would resolve the tightness. If you have a room that is full of people, and you want to make the room bigger you take the roof off. Essentially the lamina is the roof of the spinal canal and this can be removed to make more room for the spinal nerve elements. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i do the spinal decompression therapy at home with no devices?
- How effective are steroid creams at treating phimosis?
- Do i have a hernia my balls and penis are swollen how do i get the swelling down?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many lymph nodes are in the groin?
- How long does the birth control pill take to be effective 3rd cycle?
- How effective are zicam and airborne?
- How can i tell if the nits are dead or alive?
- Talk to a neurologist online