Doctor insights on:
How Drugs And Alcohol Work On The Reticular Activating System
Alcoholism: Refer to the diagram!Get a more detailed answer ›
Drugs & alcohol: Drugs and alcohol are quite freely available, and combining them can be very dangerous as dr. Amawi says. Not everyone uses alcohol to excess, but some do. Also, not everyone abuses drugs. In terms of the effects these create in our lives, drug and alcohol abuse are both personal and social problems, . Yet each of us has personal responsibility for what we do with and about them. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can be hard: Probably the best way is to commit to, and keep working on, your program. If you're in a 12 step program, excellent. You can get a sponsor and work your steps. People who abuse drugs & alcohol often hurt people close to them, and those people can be self-protective. It can be hard for you to be patient, but they probably need time to observe what you do. As the saying goes, "easy does it.". ...Read more
School environment: Trying to be "like" one's school peers can make it very tempting to use drugs and/or alcohol, if they are. This can be a real danger to you -- especially if as my colleague warns, you might have genetic vulnerabilities for alcohol or drug abuse. Using alcohol or drugs will distract from studies & other important activities. It can also impair your concentration, mood, and ability to relate. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
1 reason for change.: Homework assignment? Will discuss 1 reason. When a person develops more & more of a singular focus, it excludes other things from their life. They may not have time for family or friends. They may miss work or church, family outings etc., because they are either using, trying to get the subtance to abuse or recovering from substance use. This means that other people & things loss importance. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do the respiratory circulatory and digestive system work together?
- How do the circulatory system and the digestive system work together?
- How do the digestive and respiratory system work together?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How would the nervous and circulatory system work together?
- How does drugs and alcohol affect the reaction time?
- How long to work out and how much weight you will lose on the gazelle supra exercise machine?
- Effects of alcohol on the nervous and reproductive system
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free