Doctor insights on:
How Drugs And Alcohol Work On The Reticular Activating System
Alcoholism: Refer to the diagram!Get a more detailed answer ›
Can be hard: Probably the best way is to commit to, and keep working on, your program. If you're in a 12 step program, excellent. You can get a sponsor and work your steps. People who abuse drugs & alcohol often hurt people close to them, and those people can be self-protective. It can be hard for you to be patient, but they probably need time to observe what you do. As the saying goes, "easy does it.". ...Read more
School environment: Trying to be "like" one's school peers can make it very tempting to use drugs and/or alcohol, if they are. This can be a real danger to you -- especially if as my colleague warns, you might have genetic vulnerabilities for alcohol or drug abuse. Using alcohol or drugs will distract from studies & other important activities. It can also impair your concentration, mood, and ability to relate. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
1 reason for change.: Homework assignment? Will discuss 1 reason. When a person develops more & more of a singular focus, it excludes other things from their life. They may not have time for family or friends. They may miss work or church, family outings etc., because they are either using, trying to get the subtance to abuse or recovering from substance use. This means that other people & things loss importance. ...Read more
Not really.: Once the brain tissue has been damaged by drugs, it is unfortunately lost for good. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Reticular activating system function
- How long does alcohol stay in your system drug test?
- How long does alcohol stay in your system for a saliva drug test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can alcohol stay in your system for a drug test?
- How long does alcohol stay in system drug test?
- Drug test alcohol in your system
- Does hcg activator work?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free