Doctor insights on:
How Does Zantac Help With Digestion Is It Effective
Can Zantac hurt my babies digestion (good flora, acidity , efficiency etc) in the in the long run? How severe should reflux s/s before using zantac?
Does Zantac worsen digestion? I have gallbladder disease causing my GERD. Is it safe for me to take?
Separate problems: GERD and gall bladder disease are different. You need to take zantac for GERD. Gall bladder disease gives rise to digestive problems and it needs to be treated separately. If zantac doesn't work for your reflux you may need more powerful drugs such as PPIs ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Which is generally more effective? Pepcid or zantac. I heard zantac you can build tolerance unlike pepcid. Is this true?
Equivalent: ranitidine (Zantac) and famotidine (Pepcid) work very well for mild to moderate reflux and can be taken for up to 6 weeks before either starts to lose effect. Now for most people, 6 weeks is enough to allow the stomach to heal, and ongoing use is not needed. For those who require longer use of a daily reflux medication, omeprazole (Prilosec) or pantoprazole (Protonix) don't lose efficacy. ...Read more
Every now n then i hv problem of constipation.Also happen if i sleep late or wake up early sometimes. is zantac effective for that ?y is it with me?
Hydrate well: zantac is a medication help reduce the amount of acid in case of reflux or ulcer,it has no effect on constipation.eat the right amount of fruits and vegetables and hydrate yourself well by drinking water and juices, eat more fibers and try to exercise. That will help you to regulate your bowels, you might have to take stool softener to help.hydration is the key.your sleep pattern has no effect. ...Read more
Twice daily: Is the maximum dose, either scheduled or as needed. ...Read more
I'm still having acid reflux until now. I take zantac 300mg am/pm. Not working, when im hungry it get worst and i should eat every 2-3hrs. Help me.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can acupuncture help with quitting smoking how effective is it?
- How effective is claritin d to help with allergy asthma?
- What is a liver lesion and how does it affect people with cirrhosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for naproxen to help with pericarditis?
- How much is it to go to a ent with no insurnace?
- How long does it take for a uti to heal with antibiotics?
- How long does it take to get cirrhosis with 3 drinks a day alcohol?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online