Doctor insights on:
How Does The Small Intestine Work With Other Systems
To Keep The Body Healthy, How Does The Small Intestine Work With Other Systems of digestion?
Please give at least 3 examples ...
Protiens, Fat, Carbs: Your small intestine begins at your duodenum and this is where your body actually digests your foods. Enzymes from your liver and pancreas break food down into its basic particles. Meats/proteins to amino acids, sugars to carbohydrates and fats to fatty acids. The rest of your small bowel has miles of small bowel to digest. ...Read more
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
My friend at work says his child was born from swallowed sperm. A couple doctors say small intestine can transport sperm to the uterus by blood. True?
See your doctor: See a doctor as soon as possible, it is a potentially serious situation. ...Read more
Surgery if true: Obstruction does not hit 31 years old suddenly unless you already have many abdominal surgeries in the past number one reason for bowel obstruction for somebody who had surgery before are adhesions that need to be safely removed by surgery number one reason for obstruction in what we called a virgin abdomen is tumor or hernia i am sure if you think you have an obstruction you have a doctor. ...Read more
Quite possibly: You say your small intestine was knotted up. That could indeed be midgut volvulus in which your small bowel was twisted around a narrow mesentery, or connection of the bowel to the back of the abdominal cavity. That is almost always seen in intestinal malrotation, when the bowel did not situate in the right location in the abdomen as it was being formed in the fetus. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What systems does the small intestine work with and how?
- How does the skeletal system work with other systems?
- How does the circulatory system work with other systems?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the digestive system work with other systems?
- How does the respiratory system work with other body systems?
- How does the brain work with other systems to keep the body healthy?
- What other systems does the respiratory system work with?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online